- Loaf bread 1 or 1 budgets, cut into 1⁄2-inch piece
- Unsalted butter 75g
- Medium onion, chopped 200g
- Celery, chopped 75g
- Sodium chicken broth 500ml
- Sage leaves, chopped 5g
- Parsley, chopped 10g
- Large eggs, beaten 2
- Salt flakes & black pepper
- Heat your oven to 200°C. In a baking tray, place the bread on a rimmed baking sheet and toast until golden brown, for 15 to 20 minutes; transfer to large bowl.
- Meanwhile, heat the butter in a 12-inch skilet on medium heat. Add the onions, salt and pepper and cook. Keep it covered, stirring occasionally, until it becomes very tender and begins to turn golden, for 6 to 8 minutes
- Add the celery and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, 6 to 7 minutes. Add the broth and bring to a boil. Stir in the sage and cook for 1 minute. Remove from heat and stir in the parsley.
- Transfer the vegetable mixture to bowl with bread; toss to combine. Fold in the beaten eggs. Transfer to prepared baking dish, cover with foil and bake for 10 minutes. Remove foil and bake until golden brown, for 15 to 20 minutes.
Write Your Own Review