- Bone-in standing rib roast 2.5kg
- Butter, softened 60g
- Fresh rosemary chopped 50g
- Fresh thyme chopped 40g
- Black pepper & salt flakes to taste
- Season the roast generously with kosher salt. Cover loosely with plastic wrap and refrigerate it for 8 hours overnight.
- Remove the roast from refrigerator and allow it to come to room temperature, about 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 100 degrees Celsius.
- Mix the butter, rosemary, thyme, and black pepper together in a small bowl; spread the butter mixture over the roast, then place the roast in a large roasting pan.
- Bake the roast in the preheated oven until its internal temperature reaches 46 degrees Celsius, to medium-rare, about 3.5 hours. Remove it from oven and tent with aluminum foil; allow to rest, about 20 minutes.
- Increase the oven temperature to 260 degrees C. Uncover the roast.
- Return the roast to the oven and bake until its well-browned, 6 to 10 minutes. Slice and serve.
Write Your Own Review