Pan-Seared Duck Breast
We have the secret to a perfectly cooked duck breast.
- 2 112 -140g each Duck breasts
- Salt flakes & black pepper
- 60g Unsalted butter
- 200ml (1 orange) Freshly squeezed orange juice
- 20g Freshly grated orange zest
- With a sharp knife, gently score the duck breast skin in a tight crosshatch pattern, keeping the scores 1/8 inch apart. If you prefer a little fat left on the breasts after cooking, just barely score the skin; to render more fat, score more deeply, taking care not to expose the flesh.
- Season duck breasts with salt, heavily on the skin side and lightly on the flesh side.
- Place duck breasts, skin side down, in a large, cold sauté pan. Place pan over low to medium-low heat. To keep the edges from curling up, after about 5 minutes, the fat should begin to gently bubble. If Maintain the gentle bubble of fat, pouring out excess rendered fat throughout the cooking process, until much of the fat has rendered, skin is golden brown, about 8 minutes.
- Increase heat to medium and further brown skin if needed, about 1 minute, before flipping and cooking on the flesh side. For medium-rare meat, cook until breast registers .Remove duck from pan and set aside to rest.
- For the Pan Sauce: Over high heat add the orange juice and reduce by half about 3 minutes Remove sauce from heat and add the butter until melted and evenly incorporated. Season sauce with orange juice and zest, salt, and black pepper. Serve with duck breast.
Write Your Own Review
You May Also Like
- Lunch & Dinner
Organic Spaghetti Lobster
Big on both flavour and luxury.
Strawberry Jam Sablés
A great classic of French pastries with organic jam.
Tartines with Cream, Quail Eggs and Caviar
Delicious bite-size appetizer.
Burrata Cheese with Vegetables and Caviar
An elegant appetizer easy to make.
Double Zero Tea Martini Dolce 0.0
A fresh blend of darjeeling and chamomile tea.
Tea Punch Martini Rosé 0.0
An essential iftar drink.