- Raw pumpkin 1kg
- White onion, finely chopped 75g
- Butter 20g
- Extra virgin olive oil 10ml
- Vegetable stock 1L
- Pumpkin seeds 8g
- Nutmeg 1g
- Black pepper
- Sea salt flakes
- Wash the pumpkin well, pat dry, and cut into half.
- Peel and remove all the seeds using a spoon.
- In a preheated cooking pot, add the extra virgin olive oil and butter
- Add the onion and cook until caramelized. Then add the pumpkin and sea salt flakes.
- Add the vegetable stock, and continue cooking the pumpkin until it gets caramelized.
- Simmer for about 45 minutes until thoroughly cooked. Add water or vegetable stock if necessary.
- Remove the ingredients from the heat and add the nutmeg. Blend to a smooth mass.
- Pour in soup bowl and garnish with pumpkin seeds and extra virgin olive oil
Write Your Own Review