- Raw foie gras 250-300g
- Cherries, pitted and quartered 180-200g
- Butter 2g
- Balsamic vinegar 20ml
- 1 large shallot, minced
- Sugar 30g
- Salt flakes & black pepper
- 1 sprig of thyme
- In a sauce pan over medium-low heat, sweat the shallots in the butter for seven minutes. Add the cherries and stir one minute.
- Add sugar and thyme; bring to a boil and simmer 30 minutes until almost all liquid has evaporated and the preparation has a jam-like consistency. Remove the thyme, salt and pepper to taste.
- Cut foie gras in 1/2" thick slices, sprinkle with salt and pepper and sear in a frying pan over high heat, 45 seconds on each side. Set foie gras on the dish and keep warm. Discard all rendered fat from the pan and deglaze with vinegar. And boil down until sauce is syrupy. Set a few spoonful’s of cherry compote on plates, drizzle foie gras with sauce and serve immediately.
Write Your Own Review