- Chicken stock 600ml
- Saffron 3g
- Salt and black pepper
- Extra virgin olive oil 60ml
- 1/2 yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- Mild dried chorizo sausage, sliced into thin half-moons 180g
- Italian Arborio rice 400g
- 1 (14-ounce) can fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- green peas 130g
- Shrimp 1kg, peeled and deveined, with tails left on
- Mussels 1kg, rinsed and scrubbed
- Clams 1kg, rinsed and scrubbed
- Chopped parsley 50g, for garnish
- Over medium heat, bring the stock to a boil. Add the saffron and salt. Turn off the heat and let the saffron steep for at least 15 minutes. Taste and add more salt, if needed.
- In cast iron pan, heat the oil over medium heat add the onion and red pepper, and cook for 5 to minutes, or until the onion is translucent. Stir in the garlic
- Set the skillet Add the rice, and cook, stirring often, for 4 to 5 minutes, or until the rice is coated with oil and lightly toasted.
- Stir in the stock, tomatoes, and peas. Taste for seasoning and add more salt, if you like.
- Spread the rice evenly over the bottom of the pan. Close the grill cover and simmer the rice without stirring for 12 to 15 minutes, or until the rice absorbs most of the stock.
- Nestle the mussels and clams into the rice with the hinge sides up so they release their juices into the rice. Arrange the shrimp around the shellfish.
- Cover the pan with foil, close the grill and cook for 8 to 10 minutes longer or until the rice and shrimp are both cooked through and the mussels and clams are open.
- Sprinkle with parsley and bring the whole pan to the table for serving and enjoy your meal.
Write Your Own Review