- Fresh lemon juice 30ml
- Fresh rosemary 10g
- Fresh thyme
- Extra virgin olive oil 20ml
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- Salt flakes
- Ground black pepper
- Dijon mustard 10g
- Whole chickens
- Combine the fresh thyme, rosemary, garlic, and mustard in a food processor and pulse the mixture down so everything is roughly chopped.
- Add the olive oil and blitz again, then season to taste with lemon juice and salt – the finished version should have a silky texture and enough acidity and Sprinkle chickens inside and out and chill of 24 hours
- Prepare barbecue (medium heat).If using 2-burner gas grill, light 1 burner. If using 3-burner gas grill, do not light center burner. If using charcoal grill, light briquettes in chimney and pour onto 1 side of lower grill rack (you'll need to light more briquettes in chimney to replenish during grilling).
- Remove chickens from marinade and Tie legs together. Place chickens, breast side down, over unlit side of grill.
- Cover and grill chickens 45 minutes, adjusting gas levels if using gas grill or adjusting vents and adding more charcoal as needed if using charcoal grill to maintain barbecue temperature between 350°F and 400°F.
- Turn chickens breast side up. Cover and grill until instant-read thermometer inserted into thickest part of thigh registers 165°F., continuing to maintain barbecue temperature between 350°F and 400°F, about 35 minutes longer.
- Transfer chickens to work surface; let rest 10 minutes
Write Your Own Review