- Raw almond 80g
- Unsalted butter, divided 60g
- Large shallots, sliced 80g
- Salt flakes and black pepper
- Thin green beans, trimmed 800g
- Fresh tarragon leaves, coarsely chopped 70g
- Lemon zest 50g
- Preheat your oven to 200°C. Spread the almonds on a baking sheet and toast them in the oven, tossing halfway through, until skins are splitting and nuts are fragrant, for about 15 minutes. Transfer them to a bowl to steam and cool, then rub the nuts with a kitchen towel to remove their skins. Roughly chop them and set aside.
- In a large sauté pan over medium-high heat, melt half the butter. Add the shallots and cook, tossing, until lightly golden and softened, 3 to 4 minutes. Remove and set aside.
- Reduce the heat to medium, and add 60ml water, along with the remaining butter, salt, and pepper to the same pan.
- Add the green beans and toss to coat. Cover the pan and cook, tossing occasionally, until bright green and crisp-tender, for about 3 minutes.
- Remove the cover, raise heat to high and cook until the water evaporates and the beans are glazed, for about 3 minutes more. Toss the green beans with tarragon, lemon zest, almonds, and sautéed shallots. Serve immediately.
Write Your Own Review