- Walnut pieces 75g
- Mixed green salad leaves 130g
- 3 pears, peeled, cored and sliced
- Blue cheese 250g crumbled
- Baguette, to serve (optional)
For the dressing
- White wine vinegar
- Runny honey 20g
- Wholegrain mustard 25g
- Extra virgin olive oil 30ml
- Heat a large dry frying pan, and add the walnut pieces. Toast them for 3-5 minutes, shaking the pan often, or until the walnuts smell toasted. Tip into a bowl and set aside to cool.
- In a small serving bowl, whisk the dressing ingredients with some salt flakes and freshly ground black pepper. Set aside.
- On a large board or platter, arrange salad leaves in a round wreath shape. Dot over pear slices and blue cheese. Scatter over the pomegranate seeds and toasted, cooled walnuts.
- Place the bowl of dressing in middle of wreath and serve with sliced baguette, if you like.
Write Your Own Review