- 2 medium eggplants
- Cherry tomatoes 60g
- Cloves garlic, 2 minced
- Sea salt flakes & black pepper
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Fresh mozzarella cheese shredded 125g
- Fresh basil 20g
- Preheat your oven to 180°c.
- Cut the eggplants as per the photo making sure to leave the skin intact and place the eggplant in a baking dish. Set aside.
- Chop the cherry tomatoes and toss with, garlic and seasoning, salt, and pepper.
- Check on the eggplants and pat away any moisture and extra salt with a paper towel. Then, pour the tomato mixture into the bottom of the pan and place the eggplants on top.
- Brush the sides of the eggplants with olive oil and add a dash of salt and pepper.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until the eggplants are very tender when poked with a fork. Brush with additional olive oil as needed during cooking.
- Top with the mozzarella and place under a broiler on high for 4-5 minutes until the cheese is melted and starts to turn golden brown in spots.
- Remove from the oven and let cool 5 minutes. Top with fresh basil leaves and serve
Write Your Own Review